Sunday, July 31, 2016

Momentum Hacks

I wish I can say that my debut book Bingo, Baby! Is completely ready to go off to the publisher...not so. I thought I was busy before, but now that I have my sights on getting this book into the world, it is harder than I think.

I have not done much of anything since I did my first video chat on Periscope 7/17/16. I was extremely excited and proud of myself for going through with it. I just knew "going live," would be the catalyst to propel me to get my book out.
It didn't! Since that date I have seemed to have lost my momentum and  procrastinating even more!

I have excuses. Several events have interrupted my flow. Here are so of the events: My only son got baptized, my youngest daughter is representing Puerto Rico in the Mrs. United States Pageant in Las Vegas, my eldest daughter just received her B.A degree, my granddaughter travels and competes in basketball tournaments ...and I was chosen as her driver....not to mention that I will return to work (from summer break) on tomorrow...it goes on and on. I am not complaining about the wonderful events that have taken place. I am just feeling elated, but yet, a little guilty because I have now pushed forward with matters surrounding the book.
This is truly procrastination. Even though, I am busy enjoying sweet events, my book is just sitting, waiting on the sideline, to be put back into motion; tighten up the loose ends to be published.

I have decided to tuck my head a focus on the task at hand. Time is steadily passing. I have to utilize it. I will try to enjoy all the wonderful events surrounding me, as well as keep my nose to the grindstone. Don't come up for air until Bingo, Baby! is in my hands, ready to be delivered to wonderful readers. Can you believe, I still haven't chosen a cover? Procrastination at its worst. By reading back this post before publishing it, maybe it will give me momentum realizing how slowly I am dragging my efforts. Hmmm.. Time will tell.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment